Full Jaw Project
The second icon of the project definition page opens the Full jaw project page.
This page allows creating full jaw scanning projects to be used either in orthodontic cases, or in removable frameworks ones, or anyways for any case in which it is required to scan the full jaw with or without its opposing jaw.
The project definition page is divided in 5 sections
In the first section teeth, just click on one tooth to select or deselect the entire jaw.
The Project section allows the user to input some General Information:
- Patient's name
- Doctor's name (Optional)
- Notes (Optional)
- A check box to decide whether or not to use the Reference Rim.
It is possible to write freely in the Doctor and Notes boxes. As for the Patient, it is possible to:
- Write freely in the box
- Create a new profile clicking on the Search/Create button
- Search the database for an already existing profile clicking on the Search/Create button
The Search/Create Button opens the following window:
This window allows searching the project database for already existing patients. A filter can be applied and, for those who use VDDS protocols, the research can be restricted to that specific database.
By clicking on the Create button, the following window opens:
The patient creation panel allows to input general information regarding the patient and the treatment, such as:
- The patient's name
- The patient's birth date
- The patient's sex
- The doctor's name
- The patient's insurance ID, where applies
- Some notes
Once all the information has been filled in, select Ok to accept the data or Cancel to discard the changes and go back to the project definition page.
Full Denture Scan
In this section, it is possible to signal the software that the occlusal rim needs to be scanned for a full denture project.
Just click on the With Occlusal Rim box to activate this option.
When the project is started directly from Exocad, the STL files produced in the scanning process will be transmitted to Exocad in just one click. On the other end, if the project gets created in the scanning software, the automatic export to CAD will not be configured, unless it is selected in this section.
By clicking on the No CAD box the CAD selection window opens
and it allows choosing one of the software integrated with our scanning system for automatic transmission of the STL information.
- VDDS protocol (for orthodontics)
- Onyx Ceph (for orthodontics)
If No Cad is selected, the software will then ask the user to define an export path for the STL files.
The last section allows selecting an articulator to use the Dynamic Articulation Module.
If the Dynamic Articulation module is not active on the license this section will not be available
Remember that it is always possible to scan any kind of articulator, this section is only to be used if you want to scan with the dynamic articulation module and pass the occlusion position in the Virtual Articulator of Exocad.
The Articulators available in Exocad and therefore in our software are:
- to scan the Artex Articulator and to use the same in Exocad's Virtual Articulator
- Sam/ Adesso
- to scan the Sam Articulator or the Adesso split-cast and to use the same in Exocad's Virtual Articulator
- Protar- Kavo
- to scan the Kavo Articulator and to use the same in Exocad's Virtual Articulator
- A7 - Bioart
- to scan the Bioart Articulator and to use the same in Exocad's Virtual Articulator
- Denar by Whipmix
- to scan the Denar Articulator and to use the same in Exocad's Virtual Articulator
To find specific information on how to scan in Free / Expert mode, go to the Full Jaw Project example page.