Project items and Scan Groups
The Wizard structure generates according to the project definition; therefore it changes to adapt to the elements that need to be scanned for any specific project.
Each icon of the step list represents a scanning group or a project action. In the following image, we find all the scanning groups and actions that can appear in standard projects, although it is unlikely of them to be found all in the same one.
Here below find the scan groups available in a standard project and the other possible scan groups and items available in special projects (concept quad module/ impression etc..)
- Articulator scan or scan of the occlusion: this scan can be performed either by scanning any kind of articulator on the articulator support plate or by scanning two models one on top of the other on the normal model holder.
- Model Scan, upper or lower: if both models need to be scanned, the first one will always be the lower. For this scan, the models need to be inserted in the scanner without silicon gingivas, markers, preops or waxups.
- Waxup reference acquisition: The waxup reference needs to be scanned on top of the model to get the position reference.
- Marker acquisition: the markers need to be scanned on top of the analogs of the model to register the correct position of the implants. It is possible to scan multiple markers at the same time.
- Multi die preparation: the user is required to accept the scan configuration for the dies or to create a new scan order.
- Dies acquisition: the dies can be scanned either on the multi-die or on the normal model holder.
- Healthy teeth: scan of the healthy, adjacent and pontic elements of one model. This scan is actually copied from the first acquired image of the model, therefore, it is seldom necessary for the user to scan these parts again.
- Gingiva Scan: scan of the silicon gingiva on top of the model when present.
- PreOp Scan: acquisition of a previous model of the patient, or previously designed anatomical part, that can be used as reference for designing the restoration.
- Waxup: detailed acquisition of the waxup. In a secondary step, it is also possible to scan the bottom part of the waxup; this step can be skipped.
Some scan groups and items are not present in the given list because they appear only in certain conditions and with certain license modules.
Concept Quad Scan Group
The concept quad scan group is activated if, in project definition, the chosen model type is Quadrant .
- Quadrant scan: scan of the elements of a quadrant tray articulator. The elements will be positioned all together on the concept quad model holder, and the scanner will acquire upper model, lower model and up to 4 dies in one single scan.
The impression scan is activated if, in project definition, the chosen model type is Impression .
- Impression scan: scan of an impression tray. This procedure takes longer than any other due to the fact that, to scan negative items, more images are required.
The bite scan is activated if, in project definition, the antagonist is set to be a Silicon bite .
In almost every scan group is also present an align icon, to match the scanned items to their reference:
- Align icon: once the items have been acquired they get aligned to their reference. This option is not available until at least two items have been scanned.
- Marker alignment: alignment of the stl of the scanned marker/ scan body to its corresponding geometrical shape of the implant library.