Pc Minimum Requirements
The Computers connected to our scanners have to meet specific requirements.
In order to simplify the choice, we recommend this reference system:
- Dell XPS (with Intel i7)
To grant the best system’s performances the Pc must be dedicated to the Scanner and daily work activities, set up to respect this specifications:
- the Windows installed version must be original;
- Windows must not be running shell customizations like Classic Theme Restore or Classic Menu;
- the chosen Cad Software must be original;
- the additional software installed on the computer must be relevant to allow tech support activities
These are the minimum requirements our software needs:
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)|
|CPU||Intel® Quad Core ™ or Better|
|RAM||8Gb RAM or Better|
|Minimun required Video Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti or Better * |
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or Better *
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 or Better *
|Suggested Video Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or Better * |
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or Better *
The Video Card has important additional requirements:
- Only NVIDIA GeForce cards are supported by the system
- The NVIDIA QUADRO line is not supported
- The name scheme for the NVIDIA cards is complex, as specified in this page. To check if a card is better than another, check the 'Core Config' column of the table. A card with less than 300:40:30 cores is not supported. Particular attention has to be given to the appendix of the card name. E.g. the GTX 560 Ti is good enough but the GTX 560M is not.
In order to work properly, the scanner needs to be correctly connected to the PC. Make sure to check here-below the necessary connections for your scanning system.
NeWay scanning system can be connected to a Computer through only 2 cables:
- 1 USB 3.0 Port that has to be directly connected to the Computer's motherboard. Only Intel C220 or Better and Rensas USB 3.0 are supported. Other USB chipsets could not properly work.
- 1 HDMI Port