Open Technologies NeWay scanners use the ScanWay sofware to acquire and edit the images of the objects.
The application has been designed to perform the following operations:
- 3D optical scanning: the acquisition of the images of the scanned object.
- Alignment: the group of functions that allow integrating the scanning of different objects, or portions of objects, in order to accurately replicate their mutual position.
- Scan Edit: tools that allow deleting the undesired parts of the images.
- Mesh Generation: the group of procedures and algorithms that transform the scans into triangle meshes that can be used with other CAD/CAM systems.
- Mesh Edit: tools for the elaboration of the meshes.
All information is logically organized within a Project. The scanning data addition or modification always takes place inside a Project, that can be saved or loaded from the disk.
The software supports two different kinds of projects:
- Free Projects: every element is independent from the other and the user can organize the logic of the project.
- Structured Projects: the elements are organized according to a Job Definition, established by the user or imported from another software.
Most of the considerations in this manual are valid for both project types.